Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Kettle-WTF??


You would never know it by looking at me but I do like to exercise. My favorite is studio cycling. I decided that I would try the class at the YMCA since I had a membership and everything. At first I hated it because it felt like I had been embroiled in a wild, sexual escapade with a jack hammer. I thought my pubic bone had been shattered by all of the up and down motion on the bike seat….ass up…ass down…ass up…ass down…..etc., etc., etc….I think you get the picture. As time went by the pain ceased and I really, really enjoyed the class.

Well I finally quit going to YMCA because they pissed me off. What? I have to pay a monthly membership fee and pay for the classes. Well kiss my ass, YMCA. I’ll take that money and buy myself a pilates machine. This is exactly what I did and just a couple months later had my carpal tunnel release surgeries, which means I lost a lot of strength in my hands. For the time being, the pilates machine is quietly awaiting my return.

Ever since surgeries I've been super duper lazy so I decided that I needed to get back into things slowly. A couple weeks ago I decided to order a DVD set call Kettlenetics to try and increase my hand strength and get into some sort of shape. I know my shape will always be round but slogging to the kitchen to get a bag of chips without breathing hard is a real goal of mine.

I received the set last week. The kettle bell weight is sooooo cute. So cute that the thought of carrying it everywhere and showing it off actually crossed my mind. I imagine people asking what it is and me answering, “Oh this? Its just my k-bell. Ain’t it cute??”

I watched the intro video prior to my first workout and thought it looked really cool and here it is the kiss of death…..EASY. I am such a fool. Easy? No!! I had my first work out and about 10 minutes into the 20 minute video I thought, “What have I done??? I hate this k-bell!!!” I was sweating like a fat man…a fat man wearing a wool sweater…a fat man wearing a wool sweater in the middle of summer...a fat man wearing a wool sweater in the middle of summer in North Carolina!!!

Thank God they were smart enough to include extra absorbent sweat bands for your wrists in the kit. Otherwise, that damned k-hell…I mean k-bell…would have went through my TV or my wall or knocked out one of my dogs.

I’m going to stick it out and I know it will get easier…I know it will….I know it will…I know it will….


Chick out….

No comments:

Post a Comment