Tuesday, September 29, 2009

full slip...half slip...Freudian slip...


Okay we’ve all done it. We’ve all said one thing and meant another, right? Normally it’s not that big of a deal. Maybe a little embarrassing but nothing too crazy. Well I suffered from one hell of a Freudian slip a few years ago. One that shook me to my core. One that could have gotten me into trouble had the subject of my slip not been a blooming idiot.

It happened at work because well most of my waking hours are spent at work. I have very little life. I was trying to get past a manager who was blocking my path in the hallway. Let me add that it was a manager that I didn’t like very well and I would have slit my wrists had he been my manager. And I would have done it the right way….vertically not horizontally…to put myself out of my misery.

Normally I would say “Excuse me” but with him (because he was a big, fat, stupid ass) I went for the more smart-ass version of “Excuse you”. At least that’s what I meant to say.

As soon as it came out of my mouth I froze on the inside. I kept walking along like everything was perfectly normal and like I had actually said “Excuse you”. Only that’s not what I said!!!

As I scooted by him, my subconscious took over and I said, “Screw you”. Oh shit…

Hello Dr. Freud, my name is singlegal…

Chick out…..

No comments:

Post a Comment