Thursday, September 24, 2009

Unclaimed Treasure


I'm 41 and I'm single. I'm not...an old maid...nor a spinster...nor a lesbian!


I am an unclaimed treasure. By the way, I didn't make that up. I read it in a Laurie Notaro book a few years ago and I've prefered it ever since. What-the-hell-ever! I can steal stuff like that if I want and claim it as my own. I think it's a great a descriptive way to describe me.


I'm not the only unclaimed treasure around. In fact, many of my friends are unclaimed treasures also. That doesn't mean we don't want a man searching through our treasure chests every now and then but getting married just isn't our goal in life. Hell, some days my goal is to just make myself look like I wasn't run over my a herd of antelope in my sleep.


Let me whisper a secret in your ear...*I don't even want to get married*


Through out my blog you'll get to know me and my friends. I will change their names. Lord knows I don't want to tell stories about them and use their real names for the entire world wide web to read. What??? I get a kick out of myself. The only people that will probably read this blog are my friends so why change their names? Well I'm gonna do it anyway just to be safe. I think I'll give them sexy names like Monique, Gabrielle, Natasha, etc. I mean does't it sounds hilarious when I tell you that "Monique" once ate an entire bag of fat free (olestra) Doritos and was upset that she didn't end up with diarrhea. Not that "Monique" wanted diarrhea but she thought eating an entire bag would have some sort of adverse affect on her but NOTHING!


Anyway, that's how it goes. Hope you enjoy my little stories....
Chick out!!




2 comments: