Monday, November 2, 2009

We're even...

Purse…pocketbook…handbag. Whatever you call it…it’s a woman’s secret vault where she keeps everything…lipstick, year-old receipts, feminine hygiene products, stale gum, 10 pens (only 3 of which actually write), overstuffed wallet, etc.

I don’t keep anything extremely personal in my purse but it’s my place…part of my personal space. Even I feel like I’ve violated my best friend when she tells me to find thus-and-so in her purse. I proceed gingerly looking only for that specific item. It’s a weird thing but it’s just the way we chicks are.

So last week I lost a set of rental car keys in my purse and it turned into some sort of circus side show to a table full of people.

I dug and dug and dug throught my very fashionable, leopard print purse. No keys!! WTF? Where could they be? Then I remembered that I was not the last person who had the keys. It’s was my primary work husband!!!!

I turned to him and asked, “Where are the keys?”

“I dropped them in your purse”, he replied with a smirk. (Note: only liars smirk)

“You’re lying to me!”

“No, I’m not. Are they laying in the floor?”

I look….not there.

Once again I ask, “Are you lying?”

He responds, “Just give me your purse.”

And then the strangest thing happened…I. Handed. Him. My. Purse.

All conversation at the table stopped and all eyes were on WH1. I think the two other women at the table were in shock and all the other men were intrigued.

He then proceeded to rifle throught it like a 5 year-old trying to find the junkie toy in the bottom of a box of Cocoa Pebbles. He kept pulling things out like a really bad magician pulling the wrong things out of his magic hat.

My personal car keys…nope!

Rifle..rifle..rifle…

My mp3 player case…hey, I’d been looking for that!

Rifle…rifle…rifle…

A phone charger…nope!

Rifle…rifle…rifle…

Rental car keys!!!! We almost gave him a standing ovation. I guess he wasn’t lying….

So why did I let him do it? Was it because we’re really good friends? Nah, that’s not really the reason.

Was it because I know him about as well as any of my girlfriends? No, that’s not it either.

Was it because I’ve seen him pee on a bush? Yep…we’re even now!

Chick out…

No comments:

Post a Comment